Lead Teacher — Sandhills Children’s Center, Rockingham, NC
Salary: Commensurate with experience and degree
* Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Birth to Kindergarten, Child Development or related field
*Demonstrated knowledge of early childhood development for children with and without disabilities
* Ability to plan curriculum, manage classroom and work in absence of Lead Teacher
* Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated organizational skills, flexibility and ability to multi-task
* Self-motivated and ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
* Collaboration with preschool team and therapists
* Ability to use technology for communication
* Work within our daily child care functions, policies and procedures
* Supervise Associate Teachers in educating and caring for the assigned group of children at all times
* Develop a program of attainable, educational goals appropriate to the age and developmental level of assigned group of children
* Lead in safe keeping of equipment and material accessible to children
* Assist in overall planning for use of shared space in child care center
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with parents
* Maintain records and share with appropriate staff members
* Participate in related training opportunities as they become available and maintain current license
* Additional duties as assigned by supervisor and/or Director
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Sandhills Children’s Center is an equal opportunity employer/program.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Melanie Gayle, CEO via email.
jobs @sandhillschildrenscenter.org (Spaces left to avoid spam. Please do not leave spaces in email.)